Thursday, April 6, 2017

Bubble Sleeve Top with Sarouel Pants

Hi, I'm one day late for my post, with more than one excuse. But to spare your time, I'm going straight into this outfit I've made. The bubble sleeve top I've drafted myself is a hit, possibly thanks to the knits fabric. Since C wears it a lot, I get to hover around her and watch how the top behaves. I tweaked a little on the pattern and made the sleeve cuffs just teeny bit narrower. Now the sleeve shape looks more like a balloon?

I wonder if it's the black color playing a role here, the top now looks better fitted.
 
How could I not pair it with a pair of pants that have the similar effect? These pants I made didn't have front or back center seams. I added cuffs to match the top. There's some math work and lots of measuring involved, but drafting simple patterns like this outfit isn't that bad.
 
 
 
To be honest, the outfit looks like something I want to wear myself. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I come up with a copycat version of it for me. Having a small person around is ideal for testing your design theory and pattern drafting techniques. I'm having so much fun coming out of my comfort zone and going for it.
 
See you, er... soon, hopefully. I am too scared to make promises. After all, I'm in the middle of school holidays....

2 comments:

  1. Totally cute, comfortable and chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. Sorry for the late reply. x

      Delete