Monday, April 3, 2017

A Floral Prints Dress

 
Whether I'm eating in or out, I always clean up my plate, because I don't like wasting food. I've become even more of a food garbage bin after having kid. I finish whatever that's left on C's plate, too. I make sure the leftover food in the fridge is properly consumed before I go grocery shopping. I can't deal with wastage. Last week, M came home with 7 pieces of fabric, all prints, and woven. I don't know if I should be happy. I am currently going through a solid and knits phase and he got me something totally the opposite....Sigh...I'd hate to leave the fabric in my stash till I find the inspiration again, so I chose my favorite piece and whipped up something quick before I could change my mind.

The pattern is from Kana's Standard II. I must've been really absent minded when I traced the pattern pieces. The front bodice piece was about 10cm shorter than the back bodice. And I only found that out once the neck facing was sewn on. I didn't have enough fabric to cut out another front bodice, so I chopped off the back bodice by 10cm too, which made the dress a bit too short for me to wear as is. Hence the appearance of a pair of leggings.
 
The construction of the dress is far less busier than the floral prints -- front and back bodices without actual sleeve pieces, elastic sewn in on the wrong side in the waist area so the dress would look somewhat shaped. I assume the it would be overwhelming to pair this print with a complicated design.
 
Prints are not exactly my thing right now, but I'd give this dress a chance. Actually the flowers look quite Asian. Maybe I could wear it as a modified modernized Qipao. ?
 
We can feel the school holiday vibe in the house. Fun is about to begin and it's time that I practised that multitasking skill again.
See you here on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment