Monday, March 6, 2017

Knit Dress with Pintuck Sleeves

I got a pamphlet this morning on way to school. Meditation center. My old instinct would be to toss it in the bin the first chance I get. Who has the time to sit for two hours and do nothing? I'd rather take a real nap. This time I briefly looked at it, you know, now that I am starting to channel my spiritual self. To be quite honest, I don't understand what messages they are trying to spread. I know my head is spinning with ideas constantly and it does get to a point where it pushes my bedtime hour closer to midnight, but I am the kind of person that enjoys having an extremely long to-do list. I've realized our lives really go through different stages. Right now I am at a go-for-it stage, I don't want to make time to put my foot on the brake. I am sure it will come to a stage when I know it's time to slow down, then life's balanced, no?

I've also realized, without the help of meditation, that I have to become knits' best friend. It's a bit more tricky to sew, but definitely more comfortable to wear. All about balance, you see. I'm thinking of converting futurn patterns to knits friendly whenever I can.
 
I like the puffed-up sleeves' look. I have to, or else it would be too plain, especially with this fabric choice. ;-)
 
The look is from the cover photo of Cotton Friend 3. Very simple to sew yet with big reward. "Mom, I really love that black dress." See, I've learnt if I want to win her heart, I use knits.
 
I've had a nice weekend, sipping tea and stuffing my tummy with high sugar content food, going to bed at 8pm and having my breakfast prepared when I get up. This unreal life happens only once a year. Now it's time to get back to reality. Let's pump it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment