Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Self-drafted Bubble Top

Hi friends, I survived the long weekend, as well as the heat. The weather's been scorching for the last three days and it made me feel like some fermented beans sitting and sewing in my living room. Sorry, that sounds a bit gross. C's had a great time with friends swimming and going to the beach. She's even had her second sleepover and looking forward to the third one. I have to admit Summer provides great fun for kids.

I also spent an entire day with C, taking her to fabric shops, watching the Lego Batman movie together and overdosing homemade smoothies. So while we were fooling around at home, I had an idea to make a bubble top for her. I know it's too hot to even think of long sleeves, but I've got the fabric --- knits of course, and I've been wanting to try draft my own patterns. Now is the time. So I measured her over and over. It's going to be a loosely fitted top, how wrong can it be?
 
The top has turned out to be exactly what I had envisioned -- loose bodice with bubble long sleeves. I almost felt bad to put that on C for the photos, due to the heat, but man, how cute is that? It fits her perfectly, in her favorite fabric, a.k.a. cotton knits.
 
 
It has definitely boosted my confidence to draft more patterns after this top. Even though I'm still at the enfancy stage, it sure feels like another door has just opened. So very thrilled.
 
See you all on Friday.

2 comments: