Thursday, February 16, 2017

Linen Long Shirt

When I was in primary school, I had a class teacher who taught us for three years. During a chat, she told me she was 28 years old. I was probably less than 10 at the time. The combination of being 28 and single made her a fossil in my dictionary. Also around that time, I drafted a life plan --- study hard, get good marks, get a job that pays well, get married around 23, and if I ever decide to have a child one day, have it young. That’s probably due to my big age gap between my own parents and me. It turned out that my early years went pretty much as planned, except that I didn’t exactly marry myself out that young, but close.

Soon after that, C came to the scene. I was possibly the youngest mom in town. There was no other option but for me to grow up quickly myself and adapt to the new role. It was a good and difficult few years of bonding and me getting the hang of being a mother. I remember there was time when I had identity crisis. It was like what now? I’ve accomplished all of my goals, plus a child. Where to from here?
 
I was half jokingly telling a friend the other day that I would aim for 1000 Instagram followers this year. That’s my goal. “What for?” was the response. You know what, I don’t have an answer for that yet. But I do know having a goal is what works for me. Even if I don't achieve it, I can at least say I'm not scared to try.
 
 
I like oversized clothes. This shirt is from here. I’ve chosen a thickish linen so the shirt doesn’t look too floppy.
 
To a shy person like me, looking at a camera and taking pictures of yourself can be really silly, especially so when you load them online and show off your proud (but in fact mediocre) project. So when a narcissist image crosses my mind, I just laugh at myself. See above photo reference. :-)
 
I’m at the unthinkable age to my child self, yet I feel young and energetic. I love doing what I do, and I wake up everyday feeling excited to start making clothes. It’s not because I need to, but I want to. Where can it take me? Well, I’ve got heaps and heaps of time to find that out.
 
Have a nice weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment