Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Simple Gathered Skirt

Good morning! How was your weekend? Did you go to the Cape Town Art Fair? Of course I didn't make it, as I mentally survived another house move, if not physically. I don't like not having a permanent home, but since moving around is our current lifestyle, I'm focusing on the positive side, where sewing is prioritized.

I'm a dreamer, as well as a planner. I thought I had this blogging routine all figured out. My plan was to post three times a week, and try to sew more while C's at school to cover the school breaks. Luckily, I'm still on track. Right now I'm sitting in front of the screen on a Sunday night, with my eyes half closed and my brain shut down. I'm caffeinated, not that my body is aware of it. All I know is I'm far from making anything in advance to put in my "post bank", and I've got over a month's time left.to do so. Time is really ticking away. I feel like wearing a hachimaki and letting out some big roars, and it would look something like this.
 
I'm continuing sewing through my stash. This fabric made its debut in 2014, when the pictures were looking pretty gloomy. A gathered skirt probably belongs to Sewing 101. It's one of the easiest and fastest project. I measure the desired length and width to maximize the usage of my leftover fabric. Here is a video I've found online on how to make a simpliest gathered skirt, which only requires some elastic and one piece of rectangular fabric if your fabric's wide enough. I decided to add a waistband, so the waist part wouldn't look like there's too much excessive fabric.
 
C's worn it to two parties during the weekend already. If it weren't covered in dirt road dust and had a light orange tint, I bet she would've wanted to fish it out of the washing basket.
Often, simple is the best.
 
Till Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment