Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Dress from the Land of Animals

Hi everyone, how was your Valentine’s Day? I had a great morning visiting fabric and notion shops (and strategically buying), indeed my kind of day. I guess to indulge myself with my "true love" -- a.k.a. fabric -- every now and then is allowed. My daughter, went to school in her white/red outfit and she even dressed her teddy to take to school with. No school uniform creates all-around happiness.

I bought this animal print fabric more than two years ago when C was still a cute looking fabric pursuer. Personally, I am not that into cuteness. And that’s probably why the fabric had been buried deep in my stash. But that guilt from always buying more than consuming finally took hold of me and I felt compelled to take it out and make my stash pile not-very-obviously lower.
 

Anyway, C was thrilled to see me sewing with the fabric and she never minded it would be a dress. She’s actually very happy to wear it. Sometimes, you just gotta let kids be kids, right?
 

The pattern is from here. The book offers mostly recital outfit looks, plus a few costumes, including a modified version of last century’s Elsa from Frozen. Geez, those “let it go, let it go” days were long gone....
 
It’s funny that different outfits bring out different personalities, even at this age. She’s all princess-y and acting like a lady when she’s in this dress.
 
Oh, I almost forgot to show you my very first fabric loop. Well, actually M made it for me and I sewed it on. I still can’t figure out how to use a loop turner no matter how many videos I watch on Youtube. They make it look too unrealistically easy.
 
I'm off to do some fabric washing and I'm loving this sewing momentum.
Be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's very sweet. Love that square neckline. Really, if you have to have an animal print you could do a lot worse - this one is very tasteful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you, Marisa. I'm sure my daughter would love to hear that.

      Delete