Monday, January 23, 2017

A Simple Gathered Skirt

"I like your style." People are often too kind.
Whenever I get that compliment, I automatically think they are just refering to the outfit I'm wearing. I don't think I have a specific style. Yes, I like linen clothes and I always go for 100% cotton, but other than that, I'm not fussy. A loose fitted tee shirt and a pair of shorts make me happy on a daily basis, but if I am in need of some bubbly spirit, I opt for a fitted tee + skirt combo every single time.

Gathered skirts are extremely fast to sew. I wonder why I haven't done it often enough. Basically, you only need two pieces of rectangles of fabric and an elastic band for the waist. I bet there are tons of tutorials on Youtube already, so I'm not going into the details here. I actually used a pattern from Kana's Standard II. It's slightly shaped with side pockets.

 
Because when you don't know what to do with your hands, you need pockets....
 
Or, just have a midweek blast and let your heart take you to places...

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit. I also love your style - effortlessly stylish and without being too complicated. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, thank you, Marisa, for defining my style for me. Or, it's just because I'll skip anything with more than 5 pattern pieces....

      Delete