Monday, November 28, 2016

Hooded Fleece Jacket

I just spent a very hot five minutes taking these photos, wearing a fleece jacket in our summer temperature. I'm not sure if it's going to keep me toasty yet in some extremely humid and cold northern hemisphere climate in Shanghai when I travel next month, but I've said farewell to all my real-deal winterwear. This jacket will have to be a good transitional put-on-once-you-get-out-of-the-plane piece.
 
I am not fond of winter, especially the type that's accompanied by humidity. After spending 10 years in Cape Town, it has indeed untrained my tolerance for cold weather.

However, since I will be taking C to visit family and friends for the first time on my own, there's also a level of excitement that overwrites the fear for the cold. We are going to put on mittens and hats and wear proper winter boots, like this pair that I hauled from Shanghai a decade ago and were never worn.
 
 
The pattern is from Clean and Natural.  I was so enjoying making this jacket which is considered a fast sew to me, that I totally forgot about lengthening the sleeves. I folded in the raw edge by 1cm only and luckily they look OK. Nothing a pair of long cuffed gloves can't fix.
 
The good news is this jacket has made me and C very happy. She says now we have matching jackets. As a matter of fact, we have quite a few matching outfits, thanks to my new fabric purchasing habit, the hauling style.
 
That ginormous hood is my favorite part. Double layer double warmth.
I just got a little bit more excited (and ready) for our coming trip. I'll challenge you, winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment