Thursday, September 8, 2016

Weekday Bits

 
I've been thinking a lot about my carefree working days lately. I was still living with my parents at the time, and my cost of living was pretty low. Basically, I only needed to hunt for lunch on my own. One day, I saw an ad on the internet that lead me to this buying office in Shanghai at the end of my university years. I still attended classes in the mornings and then spent 1 hour commute on the subway to get to my work place. My days were very stretched but I felt so motivated to get up every morning. This was, after all, my first step to enter the real world as a young adult.

I was told what to do like most internship jobs, which kept me quite busy. On a few occasions, I even had to work overhours to finish my work. I was a part-time worker with a full-timer's workload. After I graduated from university, I automatically received a full-time offer. Even though I loved loved loved the job, I found I wasn't occupied enough. I had a whole day to finish what I could do in a concentrated 4 hours. I had days when I had absolutely nothing to do. The worst part was sitting at my desk, pretending that I was doing something.

Fast forward 10 years, I'm at a stage of life where uninterupted time is very precious. It feels like I'm always running, and there isn't any visible pit stops. My days are full and I'm constantly looking for that 25th hour. I have given up TV, and I don't put makeup on a daily basis or (as gross as it may sound) even shower after my mornings runs. What else can I take away to create some extra time?
 
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you might know that I signed up a two-year contract for an Apple watch early this year. It was given to me for free, but to keep the contract going, I have weekly goals to achieve. Five months ago, I never thought I could be a regular jogger, now I am and I've managed to make time for it, not only for the sake of a free watch, but mostly important, for my health, too.
 
When I embarked on this blogging journey, all I wanted to do was documenting my sewing projects, but overtime, I had random thoughts on my mind that I'd like to speak out. I'm definitely not a writer material as you can tell obviously. To be honest, I don't know why I am sitting here squeezing out a few lines than cutting fabric. But I'd very much like to consider these random words here and there the soul of this blog space.
 
That's it for the week, still hustling to fulfil my daily tasks and living life to the fullest.
Speak soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment