Friday, September 2, 2016

Weekday Bits

It's been ages since the last time I wrote a food related post. If I have to be honest, I feel making that real deal food is important, but it's also holding me back from pursuing what I really like to spend my time on. In my little family of three, I cook 99.99% of the time, and 80% of that time I cook from scratch. Come to think of it, it's a curse to have a weak spot for DIYing everything. Somehow, the food looks and tastes more authentic after chopping and slicing it yourself, than the ones you empty out from a preprepared bag. It's 100% psychological, 200% untrue, and probably saves you 300% cash, which does come as a bonus.
 
About once in a week, I set my mind to it and do a marathon baking/cooking session. Normally I plan it on the weekends, because I don't consider cooking something work related, not that I am working in the traditional sense. I often prepare the things beforehand and then get my daughter involved for easy tasks, like chopping mushrooms or tossing salads. Other times like today, I chose to dive in on my own.
 
It's not too bad. I made a batch of granola enough for a week's supply, enough pizza for dinner and leftover but not worthwhile for freezing, and cappuccino muffins for the weekend. Most importantly, making things from scratch feeds my soul and I'm happy that I've met the quota for this week early.  C did help assembling the pizzas for dinner. I mean pizza making is a universally recognized fun activity for kids. It can never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment