Thursday, September 22, 2016

Linen Dress with Flared Sleeves

We've been having really poor internet service for the past three weeks. It just comes and goes with a super low speed. Finally, we got Telkom to come and check the problem on Saturday and after an hour of fiddling here and there, the guy managed to kill our internet and landline altogether. I replied on my cell phone for very limited internet and that's all. It's aweful to live without proper internet connection, but on the bright side, it has freed me from wasting time on social media.

I was quite productive this past week -- thanks to Telkom, giving up on house chores and sewing a storm. I've completely transformed our dining area to my studio space, which is something I look forward to if we ever get an extra bedroom one day. I've been weighing between a full-on mother and building a business. At the moment, I'm surrendering to the business side and that dust and dirty dishes can wait. M has been quite supportive and it's the 3rd night that he cooked our supper. To be honest, I'm not at all a fussy eater especially when I'm not involved in the kitchen work. I would even lick my plate clean to show my appreciation if I had to.
 
I made this dress in a smaller size two years ago and I've always liked how it flows. I like it even more now with this soft linen. It's not hard to tell that I'm in a solid linen phase, is it?
 
I suppose I should've ironed the dress before I threw it on C, but the iron and I tend to split up once I'm done sewing. I'm actually not expecting her to wear the dress, because of the shorts-and-pants-only phase, and for the first time, I've made more sizes at once than just one dress for C. I'm busy building up a shop concept so I can reach out to more dress lovers out there. :-)
 
Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour. You've sold me on this pattern now; I'd seen it made some years ago and the sleeves looked too sticking-out, but yours are perfect. Hope you get your internet sorted out soon - I definitely don't miss dealing with Telkom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marisa. Your version will be equally beautiful. It's perfect for summer, and I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it more than mine... :-D

      Delete