Friday, June 24, 2016

Tote Bag x 3

Who says domestic sewing machine struggles with webbing? My entry level Elna eXplore 240 can prove you wrong. I'm no expert at sewing webbings. Should I have used a specific needle, or foot? I'm pretty sure that's one way of DIYing ballpoint needles from sharp needles....
 
Why have I made 3 bags? There is a teeny weeny chance that I get a market space in three months' time, if I can put together a range of items, which is really quite unlikely. Anyway, my idea of production is to not to repeat the same item (too many times) since I like one of a kind products myself. Even with the slightest variation makes that something unique. I'm still going through options and ideas in my head. Subconsciously, I went through my own fabric stash and cutting a few panels and gave birth to these bags. I based the pattern on Railroad Tote and played with the different width and length. The most time consuming part I guess is changing thread colors. :-D
 
The detail is bias tape covering all the raw edges.
In our small family of three, the middle one with the flower received most popularity. Not to my surprise, my little girl has kept that bag to her own use, to match her pants. Of course she did....
 
Have a nice weekend. I'm embracing the winter school holiday with a positive attitude. It's just full-time child care, right? :-D

2 comments: