It feels like the gap in between my posts are stretched bigger and bigger. I'm permanently buzzing behind the scenes, be it fabric cutting or stamp carving. I also seem to have spent many hours getting stuck in various shops, buying more notions than making use of them. Or other times, I just totally fail to invest my time wisely. This morning, I spent an hour recharging our iTunes account. grr.... My relationship with technology has always been on and off. Right now, I have no desire to deal with the slow internet. I just want to do some old fashioned sewing and knitting.
I've purchased, behind my own back, a few winter weight fabrics, which has made my goal of destashing ever so clear. These pants are made from the leftover fabric from Long Dress Coat. I'm not going to repetitively brag how nice the fabric feels. All I'm saying is it's exactly what C's wardrobe yearns for. Don't judge me. Of course I've scavenged the scraps after this project.
The pattern is from Kana's Standard for Kids. I've noticed almost all the skirts and pants have a fitted front waistband with elastic only for the back. It's such a clever design feature which definitely make the clothes look smarter. The construction is quite similar to these pants I've made over and over, with two front and two back pockets, and without the belt loops that are for decorational purposes only.
Unlike the two precious pants I mentioned in the link above, which I had to add some significant length to the hem as the pattern is made for three-quarters, this pair's length is spot on. Having said that, they should probably only last for a few months. All the patterns have included seam allowances. It's not something that Japanese sewing books do often, but what a bonus when they've put that extra effort to make our lives easier.
We've got a long weekend coming and I hope to get some sewing done before the real school holiday hits me in two weeks' time. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the holidays and having C wake me up for a month.
Till next time.