Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mini Felt Creatures

I'm losing it. Needlepoint work? I had never thought I would tackle handstitching for a whole bunch of little animals. These guys were supposed to be part of our school holiday projects between C and I. However, as I mentioned in the previous post, we didn't manage to do a lot of planned activities. This task has inevitably fallen on my shoulders, now that C's back at school. And to be honest, as much as it is great to involve a child when crafting, doing it solo does speed up the process.

My daughter spot the sock monkeys in Jane Bull's book called Crafty Creatures, and she was on and on about how much she'd love one of them. You've probably guessed it. We don't have a pair of suitable socks and we also didn't fit that sock shopping in our school holiday schedule. The consolation prize would be these animals that fit in match boxes. How cute is that? C drew a little something on paper and decorated the boxes which are now their beds. She's been playing with them a lot, waking them up in the mornings and taking every single one out of their beds....and of course with me shouting at the background "OK, that's enough. Go get dressed NOW!"
 
She's also taken them to school to play with friends during the breaks and I would be devastated if they ever got confiscated by the teacher, not only because of the time I spent on them. You shouldn't underestimate the power of handstitched toys. They are magical, really.
 
There's no surprise that I've still got a few holiday craft debts to pay. C asks me every afternoon when I go fetch her. "What's new today?" The pressure's on...

4 comments:

  1. They are adorable! A little set of these would be a lovely gift for any little child. So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marisa. I'm in love with them myself.

      Delete
  2. Okay, Trixie is so excited to see these I am going to have to make some.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. She will love them. Enjoy.

      Delete