Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Freezer Paper Tee + Peplum Shorts Combo

Hello friends, the school holidays have started, again....I've got non-stop play dates to cover my daily schedule and save my sanity. So far, I'm rocking it. As I'm typing this, we are entering week two of granny and grandpa's visit. It feels like there's a silent transition happening. My sewing stuff is slowly invading the dinning table and I'm learning to ignore grandpa's requests. "Jing, can you put the watermelon in the blender, so I can drink the juice?" "Jing, have you removed the stain on my trousers?" After my ice cream tub is licked and a few chocolates taken from C's advent calendar, I still put on a happy face but to be honest, that inner fire is burning, and I needed sewing therapy.

Remember my stamp carving failure? I was still hooked to the 3D shapes regardless so this dumb-proof freezer paper stenciling happened. The whole outfit looks 10 years younger than me. We've had some scorching days and during those days, all I wanted was to grab a pair of shorts. You know, I haven't even taken out my summer clothes from storage this season. I am trying to foolishly survive with what I've made in the closet. This tee shirt is Deer and Doe's Plantain Tee. I've gone a size bigger, because 1; the last one I made was tiny bit tight. 2; this white knit fabric isn't very stretchy.
The shorts pattern is from I Love Pants. I used the leftover chambray from C's pants

Because it's my blog and I have to be honest to myself, I'm going say this whole looks somewhat homemade and I don't think I'm happy to wear it outside my living room. But I'm sure I will reach for it plenty times during the hot days when lounging at home.

We are doing some major garden renovations. As a result, our house is covered in sawdust for 3 weeks. We've rent out our house on Airbnb. C and I are really looking forward to moving to the other side of the mountain, which is happening next week already. At the mean time, I'm multi-tasking with in-laws, packing and unpacking, in my new outfit.
Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment