Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Not-So-Sportive-Sports-Day Outfit Year Two


Two days ago, a big gap appeared in C's mouth, as her first top tooth fell out. It's almost like a celebration of some sort. Do I need to mention the anticipation waiting for tooth fairy's visit?

C: Are tooth fairies real? Because other fairies might not be. Do adults put money under kids' pillow?
Me: Of course they're real, because I will be too deep in the dream world to put any coins under your pillow...

Is it considered a lie? I don't know how much longer I will be doing errands for various fairies and Santa, but I do hope she'll keep on believing and not lose her innocence anytime soon.


Last year I made a green sports day outfit. It didn't look sportive at all, but at least it matched the team color. This year's color is red. You wouldn't think red is a hard color to source. I went to my trusty fabric shops but none of them had red knit fabric. Knit is related to sportswear, no? Anyway, instead of coming home empty-handed. I came home with red woven fabric. I had a vision of what I wanted to make, and the vision had nothing to do with being sporty, again.


The blouse is from the same pattern that I've used before, here, and the bubbly shorts are from this book. Both books are from "A Sunny Spot" series. Their style is simple, cheerful and everyday clothes made girly, but not too girly.


Before she put on the shorts, C asked me if these are for sure girls' shorts. I assured her by saying that boys' shorts usually aren't so bubbly, which is true. Plus, having pockets inserted definitely wins her heart.


The sleeves offer enough sun coverage, in my Asian perspective. The shorts color is the same tone as the school's uniform, and they allow and encourage plenty movements.


I was told they would run in dads' or moms' flip flops, and try run while holding a ball in between their legs. It's going to be an entertaining Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jing, I just found your blog while searching for Fu-Ko Basics (I just bought the book and thought I'd take a look at what other people have sewn from it). I love this cute little outfit, and as it happens, I have this book too! I'll definitely be checking back to see what else you sew for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marisa. Fu-Ko Basics is an unusual book. There are so many mature/adult looking outfits compared to other girly book series. I hope I manage to sew everything before my daughter grows out of size. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete