Friday, August 21, 2015

Tea and Crunchies Served


I have to admit. Sweet treats are usually not my thing. I must've passed it down to C one way or the other because she doesn't do treats either, unless it falls into the chocolate family.  For two and half years, every Friday she's exposed to some kind of baked treats at school where kids in the class take turns bringing freshly baked goods to the class. Sometimes the treats were intact, other times she'd just decline the offer. However, for the past two Fridays, she would go on and on about what she had at school, one being these oats biscuits, which is called Crunchies locally in South Africa.

Compared to other oatmeal biscuits, they taste sweeter and crunchier, thus the name I guess. I saved a recipe on my notebook but somehow I can't find and link to the original source.

Here is what you need:

150g butter
2T golden syrup (I used honey)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup flour

Basically you melt the butter and sugar and then mix everything together. Bake in a 180C-degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.


You know what's the best part? C has opened up to rooibos tea. Not just dipping but drinking. One more thing added to the menu of my fussy eater. Success.

2 comments: