Thursday, August 13, 2015

Border Gather Pants 2.0 Version

 
Since June, I've been wearing my not-so-successful border-gather-pants a lot. I often pair them with long jackets to cover the back of the pants. Because I've put labor into these pants, I feel I should wear them. But at the same time, I wanted to give it another go, and this time really concentrating on the measurements.
 
 
I made sure there's no mistake by choosing a size M for the hip size this time. As usual, I added extra length to the pants, and as usual, they didn't quality to be full-length pants. I have no idea why this is happening all the time, so much so that I had to pull the elastic out of the cuffs so the pants would look slightly longer. At the end, I had to put on boots to cover the gap. That worked. From now on, these pants are to be paired with boots only.
 
 
Otherwise, the pants fit me quite nicely. Major improvement from the saggy 1.0 version as shown above. I used some double gauze from my stash. Have you heard of quadruple gauze yet? They are coming. I hope to meet them next winter. For now, double gauze is soft and warm enough for me. For those who are interested, pattern from I Love Pants.
 
 
I tried to squeeze some serious cow-boy expressions but I failed. I'm too predictable in front the camera. While I was sewing the pants, I really wished the machine could go a little faster. I got this Elna Explore 240 one and a half years ago and it was a low end model. I'm amazed myself at how much I've progressed with sewing. It's like I've finally found my place. I'm thinking perhaps it's time to get a serger now. I have proven I'm in for it, have I not?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment