Friday, March 13, 2015

Snow Dawn Dress with Buttons at the Back

 

Carrying on using fabric from stash this month, I sewed up this dress with front tucks and back buttons closure. Let's talk about the fabric first. It's 100% quilting cotton that M got for me long ago from a "faraway" shop. I seem to have difficulty locating nice quilting fabric in my frequent fabric shops. I've turned the other two pieces of fabric into dresses like this and this, plus here. This particular blue print that constantly reminds of snow flakes from the pale blue sky is from Da Gama Textiles'  designed in South Africa Coral Tree range. I get excited whenever I see local quality fabric.

 
 
The dress is from the same book FU-KO Basics (Heart Warming Series). It's got details like front and pocket tucks. The back buttons are my favorite. It gives me that unexpected excitement. It's fairly easy to construct. I've lengthened the sleeves to full length, like I always do.
 
 
Miss C's convinced that this is a winter dress, hence the boots....
 
 
 
 
 
 
This and the top picture show what it looks like paired with a skirt underneath. I snapped this shot just before she was about to make a silly face.
 
 
How come that skirt always ends up being a poncho?! She insisted the skirt looks better this way, instead of hidden under the dress. Oh well, she's got a point...
 
 
Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment