Monday, March 9, 2015

An Orchard Blue Top

 

If I had to nickname everything I make nowadays, this one would be called out-of-knitting-frustration top. I've seen some beautiful knitted sweaters on Pinterest lately, so last week I got myself some wool (!). Learning to knit is forever on my new-year revolution list. More on that another day. Long story short, after spending hours doing the same mechanical finger movements, I was very happy to jump to my sewing table and trace some patterns. So from cutting to sewing, this top was born in no time and I couldn't be more pleased!


The fabric is some not-so-stretchy knit I have in my stash. This top features a lower front hem and a no-binding neck finish, which made the whole construction super duper fast. It's exactly something I needed to get out of my snail motion knitting mood.


Because it's such a simple top, I was worried the photoshoot or the top itself might not spark any interest to C. "Mommy, I've got a fantastic idea for the photoshoot." There she was accessorizing herself while I moved the furniture away for a clear background.


She's growing out of the pants that I made merely 3 months ago, already.



C is behind all this young adult looking styling. I've got nothing to do with it.

 
 
Everything can be turned into a game with this child. It was a super fun shoot and of course there's a restaurant scene coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment