Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tokyo Tokyo!

source
What is a sewing addict's dream holiday?
Answer: A fabric and sewing book shopping trip in Japan! (I'm screaming the last two words!)

Nani IRO fabric? Yes heard of it, a lot, but have never seen it. Double gauze? Never felt it before.

We are all going to Tokyo at the end of March, followed by a family and friends visiting trip to Shanghai. I can tell I'm not the only one that's super duper excited. Little C is promised a Disneyland outing, and M an Akihabara visit. Oh hold on, are we talking about camera lenses here.....

 
I took a one-year Japanese course in high school. But you lose it quickly when you are not exposed to the language. I'm so thankful that I managed to load some Japanese textbooks in my suitcase when I moved to Cape Town 9 years ago. Currently I'm on a daily mission to refamiliarize with Japanese to get me around the city easily.

The must-visit places?
Thanks to some very special friends, who have provided a useful craft guide and step-by-step instructions of how to get to certain shops.
I also find Tokyo Craft Guide very helpful.
All this talking is making my mouth water thinking of all those oriental food, and my mind those yummy fabric.....

No comments:

Post a Comment