Monday, February 16, 2015

Basics - Lane Raglan Take 2

 

I did use the right picture, for this post. It's a pump bottle that recently earned its membership in our bathroom. Why is it so special? M got it from Homeland's movie set about 2 months ago. He's a big fan of the TV series and once he heard there was a before-the-auction-day sale, he skipped work that afternoon and got a bunch of things, including a military medical bag fully packed with first-aid kits, like for real, they loaded real things in the bag. Anyway, we have been using this pump bottle for 2 months and it must have sent some kind of message to my brain. It's from Homeland after all.


Ta-da. I've made a pump bottle lane raglan tee shirt for myself. The materials are both grey melange cotton lycra that I got from Rubitex. Originally I was thinking of making two plain tees using two shades of greys respectively, but the "bottle effect" must have kicked in at the right time, because I really like the combination.

This red raglan tee made its debut as my first sewn garment for myself. It means so much to me and I don't think I will ever be able to throw it away one day.  I traced a size S this time and fit is much nicer.

After those 200 shots in front of the camera, I found the waistband is a little unnecessary and made the bodice super dooper long. Or was it my imagination? Next alternation -- try without the waistband.

 
Hello! I'm out of poses.
Happy sewing, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment