Monday, February 2, 2015

A Star Fantasy Dress


Name one little girl who doesn't like stars. I bet you can't. I know with mine I can never go wrong with stars or hearts, or unicorns....
This week begins with more knits.


I found this black piece of polyestery knit fabric loaded with stars on my knit shopping trip. I usually try to stay away from polyester, but this one I figured if I had to make something for autumn/winter weather that can be paired with leggings, polyester/non-polyester wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus, stars people! C saw the fabric lying on my table and said "Oh whatever you are going to make, I'm already liking it."


So I got some leftover yellow knits from the Hip Hop top, and sewed up a black felt star, using the tee shirt pattern I'm overdosing on lately. Easy Peasy.


The skirt part I just cut out two big pieces of rectangle. By now, I should be mastering this in my sleep. Ok confession. The black star fabric is somewhat heavy and pulling the top a little, but I've ironed it and reironed it and hopefully it settles down after a wash.


C loves the new dress and she's not even taking it off after the shoot, in the 30C heat. I guess she's totally "cool" with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment