Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Petal Bleu Outfit


Let me start by saying that I'm so deeply in love with sewing. I don't think that I've ever had so much satisfaction from wearing a new outfit. I'm starting to have a designer's vision now --- or a shop merchandiser's vision maybe? A sewer's vision at least...?


I love tucks and I hadn't had enough from the dress I sewed two weeks back. This top shares the same bodice pattern and has some petal like layers as sleeves. I immediately spotted this flower print fabric as I was walking into the shop and had it cut and out of the shop within 5 minutes. Zero fabric browsing time is my new record.


Oh I have a tripod now. It's still in it's testing phase. I had so much fun yesterday taking continuous shots all by myself. A little weird but fun. Now I've got probably 100 photos of this outfit. When C came home, she quickly learnt how to do it and drained my 8Gs of camera storage space. A new toy!


I've made these sarouel pants before and this time around I made sure that I bought proper linen fabric. They are much lighter and comfy to wear. I want to make a pair in every single color. It's certainly my sprint/summer go-to pants.


C got tiny upset when she saw these photos of my new outfit and demanded that she has the same one, but in her size. I've got some pattern ideas on mind already. I do hope this style will slowly infiltrate her wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment