Sunday, October 5, 2014

Step-in Culottes


Sometimes I feel like just sitting back and letting the pictures do the talking, except that my pictures aren't very expressive yet, so I will step in.

These culottes are something I'd been wanting to make for a long time --- summer skirt pants. They're convenient, cool to wear, Cape Town wind proof. Who doesn't like that? Not a shorts person? I hear you. I wasn't, either, until I saw these frills. They definitely give these culottes a feminine booster.


These frills, are more difficult to gather than they appear to be. I'm not sure if it was the thickish fabric, or the double layer, I snapped the cotton twice before I dug out my upholstery thread. From there on, everything was a breeze. The pattern is from Sew Chic.


It's school holiday here and we are home a lot playing games and building Lego. C insisted that we go have a "hand-stick-ball" (I have no clue what it's really called) game photoshoot. So there you go. The culottes are motion friendly. Tested.
 
 
This is a keeper. I do have plans making more for this coming summer.  We were hit by a heat wave today and I was lucky enough to wear them the whole day! Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment