Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What Will You Like To Be When You Grow Up?

What will you like to be when you grow up?

Who hasn't been asked this question? I doubt it. When I was a kid, I loved playing bus scene games. I'd arrange chairs in a line like the ones on a bus, then get my parents to sit down and pretend they're taking the bus and come to me to buy the ticket. So, whenever I was asked this question, I would proudly announce that I wanted to be bus conductor. I loved the ticket clipping with passion and I guess I loved the bossiness of the job as well. I never got to become a bus conductor though.

C drawing some macaws and a man being spied
The other day I threw the question to little C. She gave me a straight "fashion designer" answer --- a much more promising career then I had dreamed of when I was 4. It must've been from all the sewing and pattern tracing that are happening in the house lately. We even watch Project Runway together now.


She has two books that she's (we are) busy working on. Each one comes with 2 stencils, some stickers, fabric printed paper and loads of blank sheets with an outline of a model. I help her cut out the garments from the paper and she arranges them on the models. It's saving me from all the consuming talking games and she really likes the dress-up. What's not to love about this activity?

 

Whether she becomes a fashion designer is not important. I'm happy enough to see that she's enjoying, learning and experiencing every single day. Maybe she will engage in something totally different. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment