Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sarouel Pants For Me

Sewing for myself has kicked off nicely. I'm excited to present you another project for me --- a pair of sarouel pants. Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of this kind of pants, or any kind of pants at all. But they look mighty stylish on the model, I was very tempted.




I laid my eyes on a similar look kind of fabric, which states "snow brushed linen" on the tag. Only after a wash and dry, did I realize that the fabric is more polyestery than anything else. My mistake for not having checked more carefully at the store. It's an iron die-hard type that no matter how hot you set the iron to press the fabric, it just doesn't fold easily. The good side? The drapey look is guaranteed.


Let's talk about the making. Two things went wrong.  I misunderstood the tracing instructions, so instead of adding a 4cm on the waist I added the length at the hems. Later I had to cut another 2 straps to add onto the waist. And that's why the waist looks like the way it looks now. I'm really glad that I've lengthed the legs as well, by accident.













The look before the elastic was inserted. At least 2 and a half of me can fit in there easily.

 
I cut out all the patterns a few nights ago and just before I fell asleep, I had all the making procedures pictured out in my head. It's going to be a speedy project -- I hear that little cheerful whisper from myself. Pa! I got too carried away and sewed one pocket at the front and one at the back! That was the second mistake.
 

You don't have to worry whether your legs might look short in these pants, because they instantly shorten your legs by 30%, visually. Although I kind of like the style now. They are extremely comfy to wear, even with this polyester material.


My ever-so-small pants collection is very grateful and I'm sure it's expecting to see more.
So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment