|fried dumplings from a popular breakfast street restaurant in Shanghai|
So I've got this recipe in my book forever and it's a regular in our cereal cupboard. My taste buds have successfully adapted to a morning bowl of granola and two Weet-Bix, with lots of milk.... You have to eat it super fast though. It's like a competition between you and the Weet-Bix, see who can drink up the milk first.
|granola with milk overload|
After you've made a batch, you can store them in pre-painted jars with a little figurine on top. Some activity to keep your kids busy while you're baking. Isn't that Belt from The Croods?
What you will need:
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts of your choice
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry milk power
- 1/2t salt
- 1 cup raisons
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Oil a baking sheet nicely. (I actually use a big casserole dish everytime. Easy to stir the granola during baking.)
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, oat bran, and nuts together.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, milk power and salt. Or pour everything in a food processor.
- Pour the gooey wet mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir and coat nicely.
- Transfer it onto a baking tray or dish in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Give it a stir and rotate the tray/dish. Cook for another 15 minutes. Stir and rotate again and cook for a further 5 minutes. The granola should look golden brown now.
- Take it out of the oven and give it a light stir and leave to cool. Add the raisons when it's completely cool.