Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cotton Friend Magazines


I've just received these four freshly shipped magazines that I ordered from Amazon China last month. And I'm deeply in love with them already. Is there an English version? I've never seen it. They are mostly in Japanese and I can probably handle a sewing book with pictures and my hard-working one year which was spent with blood and sweat on learning Japanese in high school, but magazines are little too much. I'm soooo happy to find out some of them are translated into Chinese. Hooray! The strange thing is I'm not so sure of some words/sewing terms in Chinese compared to the ones that I use everyday (at least in my head) in English. Gotta work on my Chinese to sew nowadays.


I've always been a huge fan of Japanese style clothing, long before this sewing hobby kicked in. They are mostly simple shapes with design in details, nice soft fabric with beautiful prints, loose fit, comfortable and lots of linen. It was pretty easy to get them from little boutiques in Shanghai. M also got a ton of them for me from his various trips to Tokyo. Big love. Can you even imagine how excited I am now that I can actually sew up these clothes all by myself? Clearly sewing as a hobby is not dying down.

 
 
 
 
Some styles that have caught my eye instantly and I'm so looking forward to getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment