Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pintuck Dress


This dress is the very first one that caught my eye in this book. Somehow I withdrew when I read the instruction pages.... pintucks, elastic inside the pockets/sleeves/neck binding...Such a simple looking dress with so many details?! Was I confident enough to pull it off? No. So I cut out the pattern and left it hanging....


A few projects later, I decided to give it a try. After all, it's the dress that I kept sewing in my vivid dreams at night.


Pintucks? Easy-peasy.  I found a tutorial on Youtube that just proves how unnecessary my fear was. They are so quick sew.


Details, details. This dress is all about the details.

 
I found a big range of linen at Studio 47. I chose this navy blue for C because I think dark color quite suits her complexion, although her No.1 shout-out color is forever pink.
 
 
During the shoot, C's going back and forth to the table to color in, so I got the paper and stuck it on the wall. She's got such great concentration span for drawing that I completely admire. She stood there and finish the whole picture. If you are wondering, the coloring-in page is from madebyjoel.com.
 
 
I don't know about you, but I'm in for a world of pintucks and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment