Friday, August 29, 2014

Chocolate Lollies with Blueberries

It's no secret that C is a fussy eater. But to what extent? She doesn't even like ice lollies... Ok they aren't really that yummy to be honestly. I wasn't a big fan either when I was a kid. The thing is she sees all her friends having ice bites from the tuck shop at school and she asks me to make water ice lollies. That's right, from pure water, nothing else. And she enjoyed it. My daughter....

So after those water lollies, I started to play around see what else I can add in there. The frozen version of freshly squeezed juice was rejected. It tastes like other store bought flavored lollies. Saving grace? Cocoa power! Thank goodness she likes most things chocolatey, and there's this little for me to fiddle with.


My first version of chocolate lollies was so successful that she usually would eat 2 at a time.
  • 1T cocoa power
  • 1C milk
  • 2T of honey
Put everything in a blender and then transfer the liquid mixture to your mold. Leave it in the deep freezer until frozen solid.


Blueberries was another hit, as long as I liquidize it really well and the berries are chopped into micro bits. I've tried grapes as well, but then I have to pass the liquid through a sieve, or else madam complains that she can taste the grapes and the skin. Oh my.


The cocoa power kind of covers all the other fruity taste. You can throw in any fruit you've got on hand. If you don't have a fussy eater like mine, the sky is the limit. Make your own healthy lollies or ice bites at home. It's so easy and a much better version than store bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment