Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Milk

When was the last time you had your milk warmed up in a milk pot?
Winter's set foot here in Cape Town. I always believe you should have something warm in your tummy in the cold weather. Breakfast with warm milk?

For years and years, I've been warming up milk in a microwave oven. It's fast. It's convenient. It delivers the warm milk, on time. But let's face it. It doesn't heat the milk (or other food) evenly. I often wonder if it's really destroying the goodness in the milk, and that I've been drinking "dead" milk?

 
On this particular cold winter day, I decided to warm up milk the old fashioned way. What a treat! It's like having warm milk at my granny's house when I was little.
 
 
This is what a cup of true warm milk should taste like.
Dear Milk Pot, there's always a spot on the stove for you this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment