Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Short Sleeve Janey with a Pocket

I'm still over the moon after purchasing my first PDF pattern Janey. So after I made my first dress last week, the pattern is still lying on the table --- and I admit I'm not very good at tidy-up... The good news is I've got plenty of fabric from some compulsive fabric shopping. So I traced and cut out some more fabric --- really getting the hang of it, and whipped up another short-sleeve version.




After sewing all the pieces together, I discovered a big patch of oil stain on the front panel of the dress (oh great!). The option of unpicking and resewing another front piece is OUT. I also dumped the idea of trying to clean it and then went straight with a pocket. You know how kids are with their pockets...

 
 
Perfect simple summer dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment